Eyebrow Hair Transplant
Where eyes enhances our emotions, eyebrows are crucial for enhancing the eyes and the facial balance, which is the focal feature of every person’s appearance overall. And with barely present eyebrows or facing eyebrow hair loss, one may wish to have denser eyebrows for a more defined face, which can be easily and safely restored with a procedure known as eyebrow hair transplantation at our Harley Hair Transplant Clinic.
Hair loss from scalp is regarded as natural or even as a rection of hormones of androgenic alopecia, which may also affect eyebrow hair loss. But these are not all, there can be various reasons for it which is yet cosmetically uncertain. It can be anything starting from continued threading and plucking or eyebrow tattoo, any sort of reaction to cosmetics or facial creams or any disorder or disease like burn, alopecia areata, even a simple cut etc.
The Structure of the Eyebrows
The hair angles in the eyebrows forms in a way of criss-cross pattern wherein as the hair at the tail of the eyebrows direct in a outward-downward angle as it closes on the head of the eyebrows closer to the nose. The hair direction changes in an angle of outward-upward as hairs in middle shows a proper pattern of criss-cross.
Another significant characteristic of eyebrow hair angling is that the hairs grows flat in skin’s surface in comparison to the scalp hair, which grows at an angle of 45 degress. For example if one closely notice a soldier’s close cropped hair angles, they are not flat unlike the eyebrow hairs. In the case of every eyebrow only 1 individual hair follicles grow rather than a whole unit of 2 hair follicles. During eyebrow hair restoration surgery, single hair follicles are implanted into recipient area.
Compared to hair growth cycle, the eyebrow hair cycles happens to be shorter which means the anagen (growth of hair) phase lasts for 4 months before leading to deluge (resting and then eventually falling out). The hair on scalp extends the phase by 3-7 years before leading to shedding phase.
Eyebrow Restoration: The Process
The entire procedure can be performed on the same day of consultation taking up to 4-5 hours for completion under local anesthesia at Harley Hair Transplant Clinic. The patients can head back home immediately with or without any help, since there is no specific downtime.
The procedure of eyebrow hair restoration is the same process of taking donor hair and placing them into recipient area according a specific pattern. Firstly, the surgeon designs the absolute pattern to be followed for implanting with a marker accordingly to achieve the desired aesthetic results. Once, the ideal angle and pattern is achieved according to patient’s desire, injection is administered to browline with local anesthesia, which can be much or slightly painful, varying from each patient’s tolerance of pain.
Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is patently used to perform this eyebrow restoration and ideal donor hair for this are to be found in nape of neck with most fine and soft hair.
Usually, 2 hair grafts are used for eyebrows. Female eyebrows suffice 200-300 1-2 hair grafts while for men’s style about 400 1-2 hair grafts are planted. But the number of hair grafts varies as per the patient’s desire.
Complications and side effects:
- The procedure bears no such side effects or complications, however when it involves surgery, one musn’t forget that it is performed on face and even the minor scarring can be detected.
- The transplanted hair at times tends to grow in their usual length, since it is taken from a donor zone, where the hair length is more than that of the eyebrow hair, which needs shaping and trimming periodically.
- Skin are elevated a little bit during the healing process as the wounds tend to contract the recipient area. Same might happen with the eyebrow region as the wounds or scars are healing completely with slight skin elevation. Our patients are more than welcome to determine the outcome consistency from the before and after surgery images of previous patients.
- In contrast to procedure of hair transplantation, where the donor hair is taken from any other part of the scalp to match perfectly and then implanted but in the case of eyebrow transplants the hairs are taken from a part of the body rather than eyebrow, which will have slightly different characteristics with regard to both appearance and growth rate. Over the time, the transplanted hair will start slowly to show their actual characteristics and growth pattern which can never totally match it.
- The ultimate appearance of the transplant will take time to mature over the year, where one may consider to undergo an additional eyebrow hair transplant. During this interval, the eyebrow can be shaped and tweezed as per requirement.