What Is FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Transplant?
Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is a hair transplant technique in which our surgeons extract, the hair follicles unit from the denser area of hair growth, to an area facing alopecia or hair loss. Being a popular option for patients, FUE is a non-invasive mode, where scalp has faster recovery than that of traditional hair transplant.
What happens during the procedure?
- Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is a process involving elimination of healthy hair follicles from the donor site of the scalp, usually from the back of the head as the hair follicle count is plentiful, and can be grafted onto thinning or balding sites successfully.
- Individual Hair Extraction is done from the scalp by using a specialized punch device. The skin surrounding the follicular unit is initially scored before going deeper into the soft skin tissue to extract the hair.
- Healthy locks of hair are transplanted precisely and carefully by our surgeons at Harley Hair Transplant Clinic into the area of hair loss on your scalp. After few months of transplantation, these hairs grow into natural looking ones.
- The whole treatment is performed under administration of local anesthesia rather than general one, thus eliminating the downtime or risk associated with this hair restoration procedures. Also, there is no detectable scarring, since it is a minimally invasive process and in most cases, patients resume back to work, though the results varies from person to person.
- A special punch device ranging from 0.6mm – 0.9mm in diameter is used to extract the follicular units with their necessary glands attached. Using this device separation of tissue from unit is done, causing minimum trauma along with better results, as well as no risk of visible scarring too. The whole treatment yields better growth and survival rate, since the units are extracted with all the vital elements attached under a high powered microscope, allowing our surgeons to work with utmost accuracy for achieving undetectable and natural looking results.
Harley Hair Transplant Clinic is offers the most advanced form of minimally invasive technique for Hair Transplantation leaving behind no linear or detectable scarring, at the doner zone, which is the back of your head. One can wear their hair however they want after the completion of this procedure. One can resume back to the normal activities of life as quicky as possible without any discomfort or fuss.
We are the very few clinics offering to treat Afro-Caribbean hair loss, as well as facial hair, beard and eyebrow hair restoration through unshaven procedures. Adding to the advantage of our team’s proper knowledge and precision, we try to utilise body hair as part of hair transplantation if one has lack of suitable donor hair on scalp.
What are the advantages of FUE?
FUE is designed as one of the highly effective procedure for restoring lost hair on eyebrows or moustaches due to their nature of precision. FUE is considered to be a better option for hair transplant for those patients in theearly phase of hair loss. It is a minimally invasive treatment performed under local anesthesia where one can even choose to fall asleep during the procedure.
Unlike the Strip (FUT) procedure, you won’t require any stitches after your treatment. This means that the recovery time is also reduced when compared to the Strip surgery. Since we use a specialised punch device, it causes minimal trauma to the scalp. The results can be considered to be undetectable due to our advanced techniques, skills and surgeons. There won’t be a linear scar following the treatment across the back of your head and one is free to wear any hairstyle whether long or short.
We ensure to implant strongest and healthiest follicles especially for this transplant procedure as we work by hair and not by per graft. The results will be denser with natural looking packing of hair. The hairs are implanted in the direction of hair growth to match it since we carefully select healthy hair follicles.
Previous post operative and injury scars can also be corrected. Our clinic is associated with highly experienced surgeons, who are specialised in FUE and treat hundreds of patients every year. With FUE treatment, we can achieves an almost natural look with minimal scarring post-operation.*
You will be able to notice the outline of the new hairline right after treatment. The final results will be noticeable approximately after 12 months later.*
Recovery / Downtime
You can leave clinic right after treatment. The recovery period takes approximately 5-7 days, after which slight swelling or redness (if there are any) in the treated area will subside.
*Cosmetic surgery benefits and results varies and are different from person to person. As such, it cannot guarantee any specific outcomes.